Suppose you need to provide a screen to display records of a file then you should use display file function. Once you create this function the screen looks like following image.
Display file as its name suggest does not provide any update/delete/add records function. Use Edit file if you need to perform Add/Update/delete file records operations.
Following are the screen formats available for display file.
Action diagram user exit points
- USER: Initialise program
- Load subfile
- USER: Initialise subfile control
- USER: Initialise subfile record from DBF record
- Process subfile (Pre-confirm)
- CALC: Subfile control function fields
- USER: Process subfile control (Pre-confirm)
- CALC: Subfile record function fields
- USER: Process subfile record (Pre-confirm)
- USER: Final processing (Pre-confirm)
- Process subfile (Post-confirm)
- (Only available if Post-confirm pass option selected.)
- USER: Process subfile control (Post-confirm)
- USER: Process subfile record (Post-confirm)
- USER: Final processing (Post-confirm)
- Command keys
- USER: Process command keys
- USER: Exit program processing