The CA 2E 'Print file' function defines a program to print the records from a specified access path. Totalling may be specified Up to 13 levels of totalling are allowed. Records from more than one access path can be printed in the same report by embedding 'Print object' functions within a 'Print file' function. The overall structure of a report is defined using the 'EDIT DEVICE STRUCTURE' display.
A 'Print file' function may be attached to a Retrieval (RTV), Resequence (RSQ) or Query (QRY) access path. This access path will determine which fields and which records are to be printed by the 'Print file' function, as well as the order of printing and the totalling levels available. Further choice of records can be made by specifying whether a record is to be selected in the appropriate point in the action diagram.
Print file prints report in spool file in the format specified by developer
A Sample print file screen looks like following
Level breaks in Print file.
a. A level break is instigated whenever a major key value changes.
b. On a level break, all fields in the associated controlling Header format and its associated Total format are reset - to blank, zero or from the DB1 context as appropriate.
Action diagram user exit points
- USER: Initialise program
- Read next record
- USER: Record selection processing
- Print top of page
- USER: Process top of page
- Print first page
- USER: Process before print of first page format
- USER: On print of first page format
- USER: Process after print of first page format
- Null report processing
- USER: Null report processing
- Process report body
- USER: Print required level headings
- USER: Process before print of detail format
- USER: On print of detail format
- USER: Process after print of detail format
- USER: Print required level totals
- Print final totals
- USER: Process before print of final totals format
- USER: On print of final totals format
- USER: Process after print of final totals format
- Print end of report
- USER: On print of End of report format