There are 3 different types of Edit records.
1. Edit record(1 Screen)
2. Edit record(2 Screen)
3. Edit record(3 Screen)
They are all same except 2,3 Screen provides extra screen so you can fit more fields. A typical Edit record screen looks like following.
Now for example there are 100 fields that you want to put on a screen but you can not fit all of them in one screen then you can choose to use Edit records 2 Screen or 3 Screen function.
Following are the screen formats available for Edit record.
Action diagram user exit points
- USER: Initialise program
- Key screen
- USER: Initialise key screen
- USER: Validate key screen
- Detail screen
- USER: Initialise detail screen (new record)
- USER: Initialise detail screen (existing record)
- USER: Process key screen request
- USER: Delete DBF record
- USER: Validate detail screen fields
- CALC: Detail screen function fields
- USER: Validate detail screen relations
- Update processing
- USER: Create DBF record
- USER: Change DBF record
- Command keys
- USER: Process command keys
- USER: Exit program processing